- Plain flour- 1 1/2 cup
- Wheat flour/ atta- 1 cup
- Wheat bran- 4 tbsp (optional)
- Fresh cream- 2 tbsp
- Yeast- 1 1/2 tsp
- Sugar- 4 tbsp
- Salt- 3/4 tsp
- Warm water- 1 cup (+ or - add according to requirement)
- Unsalted Butter - 2 tbsp / 30 grams (If using salted butter do not add extra salt)
- Add all the ingredients except the butter and knead.
- Add in butter and knead for 10 minutes to form a soft dough. The dough will be sticky.
- Cover the bowl with a cling foil and let it rest for an hour to double.
- Knock down the air and divide into 12 medium size balls.
- Cover and let rise until double for 45 minutes.
- Brush with milk and sprinkle sesame seeds.
- Bake at 180 degree C for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Cover with a kitchen towel and let it cool completely before storing or serve warm with curry.
Off it goes to Yeast Spotting..