Ingredients: (Serves 2-3)
- Chicken breast- 2 (or 300 grams) cut into bite size cubes or strips
- Pepper powder- 1/2 tsp
- Garlic- 2 grated
- Salt- 1/4 tsp
- Corn Flour- 2tbps
- Oil - 3 tbsp
- Marinate the chicken with the items except the corn flour and oil and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a skillet or non stick pan.
- Sprinkle the corn flour on top and shallow fry the chicken pieces and keep aside.
Ingredients for the gravy:
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Onion- 1 large cubed
- Capsicum- 1 cubed( you can used ½ or red and ½ green to make it colourful)
- Pineapple cubed- 1/2 cup
- Garlic- 1 grated
- Ginger – 1/2 tsp
- Corn Flour- 1 tbsp heaped
- Salt- to taste(optional)
- Spring onion- 2stem (chopped for garnishing)
Sauces (Mix together and keep it ready):
- Chilly sauce- 3 tbsp
- Ketchup- 4tbps
- Chinese Rice Vinegar- 2tsp (you can use normal vinegar too)
- Plum sauce- 1 tbsp(optional)
- Chilly powder- ½ tsp( optional)
- Oyster sauce- 1 tsp
- Sugar- 1/4 tsp
- Use the remaining oil that is left in the pan after frying the chicken.
- Add in the grated garlic and ginger and fry till fragrant.
- Add in the chopped onions and capsicum and saute for two minutes.
- Add in the sauce mix and stir well. Check for salt.
- Mix ½ cup water with the corn flour and make a smooth paste and pour into the pan and thicken the gravy.
- Stir well and add in the fried chicken pieces, pineapple and cook covered for two minutes.
- Switch off the flame and garnish with chopped spring onions.
- Serve immediately.